NPP Supporters Hooting at MP Shameful – Bole Bamboi Residents

May 14, 2017

 

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) at the Bole-Bamboi in the Northern Region has hooted at the Member of Parliament (MP) for the area, Alhaji Yusif Sulemana for his insistence of the Assembly to get in place a new Presiding Member (PM) before confirming the President’s nominee for the Bole District Assembly, according to the standing orders.


The people of Bole-Bamboi have described the unfortunate behavior of the members of the governing NPP led by Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo as ‘shameful’ adding that it has been the trade mark of the party since time immemorial.


Some of the Assembly members who were abreast with the standing orders of the Local Government Act, agreed with the Legislator and reminded others that the MP’s observation was in accordance with the Local Government Act which states that before confirming a DCE nominee, a Presiding Member must first be in place.


But some the NPP activists there who massed up at the Bole District Assembly Hall, were shouting and hooting at the MP for his lawful observation.


As part of their penchant, the NPP in the area led by some leaders and constituency executives, shown carelessness and insisted President Akufo-Addo’s nominee, Madam Veronica Alele Heming must be confirmed.
Hon. MP, Alhaji Sulemana stood his grounds, and after a closed door meeting with the Hon. Deputy Northern Region Minister, Solomon Boar and some stakeholders it was agreed that the election of a Presiding Member comes on before the confirmation of the DCE.


Two Assemblymen, Chiu Peter, the Assembly member for Jama and Abaka Peter, Assembly member for Kakiase electoral Areas were nominated to contest for the position of Presiding Member. 

 

At the end of voting, Chiu Peter had 21 votes representing 53.65% and Abaka Peter also had 17 votes representing 43.59%, but no one had two-third vote according to the standing orders, hence, none of them won the Presiding member position.


Darkness has set-in, the election of the PM was postponed but a government Appointees, Abeesowura I.G. Mumuni was appointed as the Presiding Member for the confirmation of Madam Alele Heming as DCE for Bole-Bamboi District.


She had pulled 26 ‘YES’ representing 68.42% out of a total vote of 38, and the remaining 21 was ‘NO’, also representing 31.58% respectively.


Some of the already aggrieved NPP activists still argued that the lawful stance of the MP, Alhaji Sulemana delayed the confirmation of Madam Alele Heming, whilst many others also lauded the MP for stance and mark of leadership. They accused the NPP that even as the governing party, they still believe in bending the law in their favour. 

 

Source : GhanaianDemocrat

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Please reload

AKUFO ADDO ASKS CHRAJ TO INVESTIGATE KRL SCANDAL

August 26, 2020

AKUFO ADDO ADMITS KRL PAYMENTS

August 26, 2020

1/15
Please reload

You Might Also Like:
Related Post:

..... Your Authentic News Source

Please reload